Soledad *

prison
walls
the wind

exits
all covered

in time



* Soledad Correctional Training Facility is a California State prison. I taught commercial printing there for a time. "The Correctional Training Facility is a three-facility complex, each functions independently of the others." The shop I worked in, my class, was in Central Facility. All my guys were from maximum security, some just booted down from San Quentin. Today Soledad houses:

South Facility: 1,125 in a space designed for 510
Central Facility: 3,030 in a space designed for 1,391
North Facility: 2,871 in a space designed for 1,400

TOTAL: 7,026 inmates in a facility designed for 3,301

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I worked in the prison movement in the 1970s, Soledad was known as "gladiator school" because the young, aggressive guys would be sent there.